Blog Background

May 8, 2011

What a wonderful day to be a mom....

I woke up this morning missing my mom terribly. Thankfully, the first thing I hear this morning is "Happy Mother's Day mom!" from my oldest son, Tyler. I am so thankful for that. I know that I do not need a holiday for them to appreciate me, but it sure feels nice. I got Allison dressed and ready and we all headed to church for a really nice service. Right before worship, I was visiting with a dear friend and we both were talking about how this day is nice and yet very hard at the same time. Isn't it funny how you cannot wait to leave your parents to go out on your own and be more independent and then when you do and they are gone, you just can't believe it and miss them so much. I didn't have the best relationship with my mom, but she adopted me and gave me so much more than I could have imagined. She took me diligently to voice and piano lessons and sent me to a Christian high school to better my relationship with Christ. So, as I walked up the steps today to lead worship for our church service, I closed my eyes and saw mom in heaven clapping and smiling looking down on me as I began to sing. There aren't words to express my happiness at that moment. To know that she was proud of me and because of her drive to keep me in music lessons, I am a better Christian today because of it. I so happy to sing for my King. So, even though my mom wasn't the best cook and she had alittle different fashion and style, I still miss her and loved her so much. I still can smell her perfume on some of the jewelry I took home after she passed away.

Today, my oldest son took the day off of work and we all went into Flagstaff for lunch at Red Lobster. It was yummy! Then we went downtown to the Old Towne Creperie for some yummy crepes! I then did some window shopping while Allison and Andrew ran around Hertiage Square! That girl never stops! Then we headed to the movies for our final stop before home and now I sit here in bed, thankful and happy to have the wonderful family that I have. Even though mom is gone to be with Jesus, I know that one day, I will be with her again, and I look forward to that day when it comes.....


Her children rise up and bless her;
Her husband also, and he praises her..

Proverbs 31:28



Happy Mother's Day to all of my friends!












Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment