Blog Background

May 16, 2011

A scripture to really think about....

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
 
Habakkuk 3:17-18


How many times have we woken up to a mess and started in on the family for not helping around the house. Or, just been annoyed with traffic or the long line at the bank. Habakkuk really reminds me of how I need to find joy in the Lord on those days especially. He will never leave us or forsake us, so why do I worry and get upset when things just don't go the way that I  think they should? We are so blessed as a nation to be able to have the freedoms to worship Christ. We need to use those freedoms. Our Pastor was speaking yesterday on how we need to take those small opportunities to speak into someones life when we get them. For instance, someone might be telling you about how they are afraid of an upcoming surgery or that a family member is sick and they are not sure why. Perfect moments to share Christ or just to ask to pray with them, or both! I do this on a regular basis. We have this in us to share. Our Pastor also said that sometimes we might just pass the ball and say, "I will have my Pastor pray for you, or let me contact my prayer chain," when we are perfectly capable to pray for that person right then and there. I believe that God puts us in those situations to do so, and let's not miss out on them. There used to be a time when I was afraid to offer up a prayer or to share Christ with someone, but it has gotten easier through the years and I believe that He has strengthened me to do so.


Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9


Just my two cents for today. Hope everyone has a great week!



Love to each and every one of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment