Blog Background

March 14, 2011

This is your life, are you who you want to be?

Yesterday is a wrinkle on your forehead
Yesterday is a promise that you've broken
Don't close your eyes, don't close your eyes
This is your life and today is all you've got now
Yeah, and today is all you'll ever have
Don't close your eyes

This is your life, are you who you want to be?


The lyrics to that Switchfoot song always gets me thinking. Lord, what do you want me to be? Who do you want me to be?
I am so thankful for all that I have, but what does He want me to be?

Last year was a seriously hard year for us. We lost some friends, we gained some friends, but in the end, we are still a happy, God fearing family that trusts Him daily. What else in life should matter? I want to do what He wants me to do for Him and Him alone. When we leave this place, I am excited that I will be able to sing His praises all day, every day. What a joy that will be. It saddens me to think of all the people that do not have Christ that have really no hope for what happens when our time on earth are over. If we didn't have Him, how depressing. We have a wonderful thing to look forward to. No more sickness, no more pain, but just the chance to sing and praise our God and King.

As I have gone through my day today, I am reminded that these little faces that I take care of are only a few years away from moving on to be adults somewhere else. My oldest only has a year and a few months before he is 18. My youngest is only 2. This major difference in their ages has made me more sensitive to that. I don't want to miss a day of what my little girl might do. My son is growing to be a handsome, God loving,young man and I am thankful for that. My time with them means more to me that anything. I strive to be that perfect mom and wife, and I know that I will fail. Nobody is perfect. Although we are trying to be that perfect person for our family, they don't see us as imperfect. Has anyone ever thought of that? We put such a high expectation on ourselves and we forget that others aren't as critical. If we just follow along what God has for us, live for Him daily, we can achieve our goals.

I am excited to be starting a new venture. Andrew and I have been meeting with the worship leaders from another church here in town and we are serious about taking worship to the dark corners and low places. Our friend Mark is a wonderful singer/songwriter and Marlene has an amazing voice. We want to take our worship higher and for it to become more passionate. I am so excited about this. This is something that I have dreamed about for so long. I love to sing for Christ and I love to bring the people into His presence. Please pray for us as we start this group. We are now trying to come up with a name that speaks volumes. We want to record. I am just so happy that I have this opportunity. God is so good.

So, no dream is too far away.Do it to your best and God will fill in the rest. I have learned that. No matter what kind of day that I have had, I can take 5 minutes to pray and thank Him for all that I have and feel worlds better. I wish that more people would. He is there for you. For the lonely. For the broken. For the lost. He loves each and every one of you. Don't forget that.

So, This is your life, are you who you want to be? Or who He wants you to be?



We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  Romans 8:28





Have a good week!

Love,
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment