Blog Background

September 17, 2010

It all began with a quilt

So, since fall is around the corner, I have had a bee in my bonnet to sew or make something! A couple of months ago, my mother in law and I sewed two crib quilts in a weekend. Here is one of the quilts we made and I just adore. It is made out of flannel.







That was a couple of months ago. I haven't touched my machine since. I love to sew, but sometimes I just have to have the right excitement to sew again. I was online looking for ideas for things that I could make Allison for Thanksgiving. I saw an idea for a tiered skirt. I said, I can make that without a pattern! So off I went, to my closet, looking for scraps. I was so excited when I found the scraps from this quilt! I had plenty to make her a longer type skirt and it was flannel, so that would be perfect for fall and winter church days! Now I need to find her some brown boots at the thrift store! Here is the skirt:



These flowers are from Stampin' Up. They are felt flowers and I added a fun button in the middle!

So, you would think that I would be tired and done, but no! I found some other cute chicken fabric from a quilt I made a long, long time ago! Allison loves our "chichens", so I had to make her this one too!


So, then you would think that I would be tired and done....nope! I found some felt that I was going to use to make her some play food. Here is her breakfast that she woke up to this morning....


I had so much fun making the felt food. I have plans to make doughnuts and cookies and even fruit! I will post when I keep making. I will also post pictures with Allison in the skirts when I get the chance! Hope you have enjoyed these things as much as I have. Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. All I can say is OH MY GOODNESS I WANT SOME!!!! I want the quilt and the skirts and the food. You are so creative and talented. Seriously how did you make the food? So cute! Alli is a lucky lil gal. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The food was so much fun! I am already thinking of other foods I can make!!!!! I was going to make two pieces of bread, but that one piece took me 30 minutes!! I have stuff to make lettuce and tomato and stuff..I am so excited about the food...:) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete